ch-scene - House show tonight > > 404 Lindsay + other activities of note, BZ tour, boosh

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Ryan Martin" <rymars AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: House show tonight > > 404 Lindsay + other activities of note, BZ tour, boosh
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 17:28:37 -0400

Lauren from BZ says:

"Boyzone is performing tonight at the Phil Bog on 404 Lindsay St in Chapel
Hill with Yvonne and Child Pornography. Those dudes are from the Bay Area -
Child Pornography sounds like a party band to me and seem to be buds with
dudes like Lacoste and Fat Worm of Error, which makes me think
FUN!!!FREAKOOOOOUUUUTT!! !ONTHEFLOORTAKEYERPANTSOFF!!!!! Yvonne wears nice
tank tops and has good-looking hair. mmmmmmm Boyzone seems to have recently
transmutated from a noise/fake dance band to an ambling emo drone
hippie/fake jazz band. But Ryan wants us to ROCK again, so who knows what
we will brain vomit up tonight. Feel free to spew beer back at us. But,
fer rizzle, come check it out!!! "

Also playing is Sarah Asher, who comes recommended by Aaron from Sword
Heaven, so she might be real good! Show starts at 10 I think . . .

++++++++++++Also on Monday, for another hype rock show come to Bull City HQ
in Durham to see IN THE YEAR OF THE PIG, NIGHT WOUNDS, the inimitable RELAY
FOR DEATH (best new band in a long time), and one more band that I forget
but they'll be good! Honest

PLUS BZ has a long-weekend tour coming up next week, for any interested
out-of-towners:

THURSDAY 7/19 : Velvet Lounge, Washington D.C. w/ Eagle Ager, Chic Nerve,
Slim Castle
FRIDAY 7/20 : Danger! Danger House, Philadelphia PA w/ The Corndawg,
Wiseblood, Extraordinaires
SATURDAY 7/21: Secret Project Robot, Brooklyn NY as part of an art opening
featuring homemade album art from around the world
SUNDAY 7/22: Secret Location, Providence RI w/ secret bands ask White Mice

Followed by a victory lap at NIGHTLIGHT on
WEDNESDAY 7/25: midweek party w/ EAGLE AGER, STONED IN PUBLIC (XYC jocks
Cole G + Kev Clark), DJ FAMILY VACATION
Wild cardboard conceptual performance freaknasty + danceparty, rearranged,
released

Thanks! Love

Ryan + BOYZONE

mspace.com/boyszone

  • House show tonight > > 404 Lindsay + other activities of note, BZ tour, boosh, Ryan Martin, 07/13/2007