ch-scene - On a less whiny note, the Alejandro Jodorowsky DVD box set is great

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: DJ Golf <djgolf AT mindspring.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: On a less whiny note, the Alejandro Jodorowsky DVD box set is great
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:43:13 -0700

The digital remastering of "El Topo" and "The Holy Mountain" is
amazing. Maybe it's from being used to watching them on bootleg VHS,
but the colors just leap off the screen (especially in "Holy
Mountain", which is an incredibly colorful film.) Among the "HM"
DVD's extras is a short featurette where Jodorowsky talks about the
Tarot that's really interesting. I haven't watched the "lost film" or
the remastered "Fando y Lis" yet, but I don't expect to be
disappointed.

BTW, I ordered it from CD Alley and their price was $39.99. Offbeat
Music in Durham has a copy in stock for $42.99. I think list is
$49.99. And you can rent the discs separately from VisArt, of course.

  • On a less whiny note, the Alejandro Jodorowsky DVD box set is great, DJ Golf, 06/13/2007