ch-scene - LAST DIVERSIONS :( (at least for a while)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: breed AT email.unc.edu
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: LAST DIVERSIONS :( (at least for a while)
  • Date: 25 Apr 2007 10:29:54 -0700

Hey everybody,

It's been a really great year for us, and I'd like to say thank you
for all the support we've gotten.

This week (4/26) will be the last Diversions section of the school
year as the semester ends this week and everyone goes off for the
summer. But fear not! I'll be around this summer, and will plan to
update the Diversions blog whenever the mood strikes, so stay tuned
for the fun that might entail.

Anyway, the last Dive is a good one, so make sure to pick up the paper
on Thursday, or at least stop by http://www.dailytarheel.com

The cover is the tracklist to the hypothetical Summertime Jamz mixtape
Margaret and I would put together if it weren't illegal and expensive
to distribute to all of our readers.

Inside, Margaret wrote a column to sum up the year in Dive, and her
bittersweet farewell is followed up with reviews of "Hot Fuzz,"
"Pathfinder" and "Disturbia."

On the music side of things, there's a photo of the Flaming Lips, and
a write-up on Shakori Hills. John Howie Jr. was kind enough to have a
chat with Dive about the new Two Dollar Pistols record coming out.
Reviews: Alex Delivery, Jarvis Cocker, The Blow, Calvin Johnson, The
Go Find, BRMC, Patti Smith, The Nightwatchman, Snatches of Pink, Paper
Airplanes and more!

Also, there's a super-rare 5 star review this week. I won't tell you
which one it is, but you best check it out!

That's all for now.

Seriously, thank you all for reading and supporting Diversions. We're
nothing without you.

-Bryan from Dive

P.S. I'll see everybody in August as I take the helm of the Diversions
dinghy as Editor.