ch-scene - Re: stuff to do, week of March 30, 2007

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Rossi <nospam AT spacelabstudio.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: stuff to do, week of March 30, 2007
  • Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 14:27:33 -0400

grady wrote:

Wednesday, April 4
Jack Rose (http://www.vhfrecords.com/jackrose/)
The Hem of His Garment (http://www.myspace.com/thehemofhisgarment)
Gowns (http://www.myrobobedroom.com)
Nightlight, Chapel Hill

The Hem of His Garment make massive overamped drones; when they want to, they can harness a couple of dozen people (and a couple of dozen amps, natch) and build the biggest wall of sound you've ever heard, period. Or they can do something completely different.

Jack Rose does some really nice solo acoustic guitar playing. I haven't seen him live but the two records I have are very much in line with and every bit as enjoyable as the John Fahey records I have.
chris

  • Re: stuff to do, week of March 30, 2007, Chris Rossi, 04/04/2007