ch-scene - Re: Kings chat

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Rawls nospam" <rawlsnospam AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Kings chat
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:01:12 -0400

From: James Hepler

This might sound like an exceptionally stupid
question, but does it have to be Raleigh? It sure
would be nice to have one more good venue in Durham.

Um, but then it wouldn't really be Kings'. A place called Kings' HAS to
be in the Capital city. As has been mentioned Durham has several music
venues. I don't know if anyone's noticed but Raleigh isn't exactly rolling
in good music venues (good being a matter of opinion and since this is my
post, I'm saying there aren't many good ones in Raleigh proper) and it would
suck REALLY bad if Kings' were not in Raleigh. Only in Raleigh could
there have been a place where I met wreslting legend Ragin' Bull Manny
Fernandez, Rocket from the Tombs, Charles Story...It's not that far of a
drive, seriously. Besides, Durham gets the "secret" shows at Duke, can't
wait for Common coming up next month. After Duke agreed to have him play
they found out about a rant he went on that brought up a certain lacrosse
team...and he's playing at Duke, should be priceless (in more ways than
one).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsbxKRQNc8o

Rawls

  • Re: Kings chat, Rawls nospam, 03/23/2007