ch-scene - WXDU props on emusic

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: WXDU props on emusic
  • Date: 3 Mar 2007 08:27:56 -0800

Maybe this has been up awhile, just came across it - but Mac
McCaughan reviews some albums for emusic...

Soul Is My Music: The Best of Bobby Patterson
Bobby Patterson
Release Date: 2003

There's a great soul show on the college radio station WXDU in Durham
called Soul City, NC (Soul City is a real place in North Carolina) and
one night I heard P.P. Arnold doing "She Don't Have to See You,"
written by Bobby Patterson. This compilation is the first thing I
found by him after I scribbled his name down that night and it's a
great collection of southern soul, much of it with a nice, biting
electric edge.

  • WXDU props on emusic, local506, 03/03/2007