ch-scene - DORK FEST 2 @ Broad. St. Cafe (Sat, March 3)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Jean-Luc Diabolique" <VeroniqueDiabolique AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: DORK FEST 2 @ Broad. St. Cafe (Sat, March 3)
  • Date: 3 Mar 2007 04:51:32 -0800

DORK FEST 2
Saturday, March 3, 2007
9pm, $5
@ Broad Street Cafe
www.myspace.com/dorkfest2

3 hours, 5 bucks, 6 bands and at least 15 dorks.

Bands:
Bombadil (11:45)
Veronique Diabolique (11:00)
Beloved Binge (10:15)
The Gates of Beauty (9:50)
Clang Quartet (9:30)
Salt to Bitters (9:10)

Emcee: Dickie the Lion

I think that the joy of attending a show like dorkfest was best
described in Katherine Dunn's Geek Love by the narrator Olympia
Binewski, who was a bald, humpbacked albino short-short lady. To
paraphrase, she basically said that her appearance was sort of a
confession, prompting others to feel as though they could open up to
her and say anything. Though we don't want a therapy session to
overtake the beautiful rawkin music at the event, we dorks hope that
audience members will embrace their oft berated dorky qualities and
join us in the celebration of everything awkward.
-- Eleni Binge

Indy Preview:
http://www.indyweek.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A45228

flyer 1 (Lego Devo)
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/JeanLucDiabolique/df-lego400ww.jpg

flyer 2 (Science Fair Dork with Lego Trebuchet)
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/JeanLucDiabolique/df2-600h.jpg

flyer 3 (Lego Kraftwerk)
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/JeanLucDiabolique/dorkwerk600.jpg

photo (assorted Dork Musicians) taken by Phil Marsosudiro
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/JeanLucDiabolique/df-photo600h.jpg

  • DORK FEST 2 @ Broad. St. Cafe (Sat, March 3), Jean-Luc Diabolique, 03/03/2007