ch-scene - Re: Urgh!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: stablenet AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Urgh!
  • Date: 10 Dec 2006 18:29:25 -0800

There are bootleg copies available from various sources. I bought my
DVD on Ebay, and gave my VHS copy to a friend.

We all watched the hell out of this leading up to the Cover Up because
we did Gary Numan this year. His ridiculous but fantastic performance
in Urgh! was one of the reasons we chose to do him.

Schoolkids in Chapel Hill had a used copy recently. Run over there ASAP
and you may score.

I grew up in Greenville. ECU used to show this film every so often, so
I caught it on the big screen a few times. Seeing Gang of Four do "He'd
Send In The Army" changed the way I thought about music.
I'm still a hugh Echo and the Bunnymen fan, and XTC convinced me that
hard rock was not the way I wanted to go musically. Literally a life
changing film.

-A