ch-scene - Re: Urgh!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Kevin Darbro <kdarbro AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Urgh!
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 12:45:14 -0500

I'm 37, and I saw it in the theater way back when in Indianapolis.

In fact, I won free tickets. I don't think they could give away enough
tickets for it, as the theater was pretty sparsely populated.

Full disclosure: I didn't know what the movie was about, but was always
trying to win free stuff from the radio station. It's what we did in Indiana
in the early 80's I guess.

The only band I knew in the movie was "The Police." I may have heard of some
of the names of the bands in the movie, but certainly didn't know what they
sounded like. I couldn't stand a lot of the groups in the movie, but got a
kick out of Klaus Nomi!

A recent episode of "The Venture Brothers" brought it all back with Klaus
and Iggy Pop disrupting a wedding. Guess you had to see the show to know
what I'm talking about!

Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind checking "Urgh!" out again to see how
my tastes have changed over the years.

- Kevin