ch-scene - Re: Squirrel Nut Zippers @ The Cradle... NOT A REUNION!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Evelyn Frierson <malevelyn AT comcast.net>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Squirrel Nut Zippers @ The Cradle... NOT A REUNION!
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 08:59:01 -0800

I do not listen to top 40 radio or watch MTV (anymore), so I was probably not inundated with the SNZ. I have fond memories of seeing them at Henry's, hearing them play with some young fella on a New Year's Eve at the last minute (on an xyc ticket) and even seeing them, strange as it was, on their bus tour in the pnw. It's a sad story, but not much different than a lot of bands. They got all the notoriety that bands like Metal Flake Mother and Zen Frisbee also deserved. Go see them for me. I'm sure they could use the money!

By the way, thanks for posting the link to Dexter. I hadn't seen that clip and it brought back memories of Randy Ward and others.