ch-scene - Re: GOODBYE ELVIS FREAKS!!!!!!!!!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "SassyNC" <kperiman AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: GOODBYE ELVIS FREAKS!!!!!!!!!
  • Date: 22 Oct 2006 00:43:21 -0700

Elvis Presley was the most gorgeous man ever to walk the face of the
earth in his youth and the first figurehead of rock-n-roll. The fact
that I can become obsessed with the man and still find such a prolific
variety of collectibles for someone who died the year after I was born
speaks volumes to his legend. Elvis was not scared to "get 'r dun," do
anything necessary to achieve his dream; in the process he offended
many Southern Baptists, but won over millions worldwide through a
magnetizing charisma and an innovative style--a crossover between blues
and gospel and the newfound hip-swinging "devil music." His fatal flaw
was his naive trust in other people he believed in.