ch-scene - Re: GOODBYE ELVIS FREAKS!!!!!!!!!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Jeff Hart" <jeffhoo1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: GOODBYE ELVIS FREAKS!!!!!!!!!
  • Date: 19 Oct 2006 08:06:48 -0700

from webb wilder's "horror hayride" film:

"If it wasn't for fat old dead Elvis Presley, none of you would have
ever heard of Jimi Hendrix... or Peter and Gabriel... or Dull Whitney
Shame... or whoever the hell it is that floats your boat [passerby
hands him a Gibson J200]... Thank you ... Key of C"

Well there's about 10 billion people Who could back me up on this
From the piss-poor post-hole digger To the rocket scientist
Hell, I bet you can't find a preacher Who don't like "Burning Love"
And the band's a bunch of weak sisters If they can't play "Rip it
up."

Now every two-bit tabloid Had bad things to say
From New York City to La La Land While in his state he lay
Well if you don't think he paid for his sins Try paying for a few of
your own
Your serpent tongues can't reach him He's at peace in his heavenly
home

And if you don't think Elvis was the king Baby I feel sorry for you
'Cause if you don't think he was number one Then you're full of
number two

Well, Webb, even the Beatles Who could rock it right though the roof
Probably be the first ones to admit Wasn't an Elvis in the group
Even old Bob Dylan Know the words to Moody Blue
So if you don't think he was number one Then you're full of number
two

And if you don't think Elvis was the king Baby I feel sorry for you
(Harmonica)

"Pick up on it..."