ch-scene - Re: Bull City has a free EP for you

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Bull City has a free EP for you
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:05:16 -0400

Mine aren't rapidly disappearing, at least not as far as I know. You getting 404s on my site?

As for the rest of the world, well, mp3 is the new Xerox is the new Kleenex, ya know? Looks like Fraunhofer have more or less abandoned trying to collect license $$ from everybody who's ever written an mp3 encoder/decoder, instead focusing on mp3pro or whatever, so there's less eagerness on the part of hardware manufacturers to worry about ogg support.

Which is why I'm going to gradually start including both mp3 and ogg versions of the stuff that *I* encode & post on my site. The mp3s I download from myspace for the player are not-my-problem.

Ross

Chris Calloway wrote:
--- igou AT unc.edu wrote:
whaaa???

example and discussion here:

http://diveintopython.org/object_oriented_framework/

apply to rapidly disappearing ogg format files like
those here:

http://www.trianglerock.com/music/bandetail.php?actor_ID=503

(holy crap, ross, you spent all that effort
proselytizing ogg to me and now where are all the
files going?)

as relates to this music codec format:

http://www.vorbis.com/

and this woefully unstructured metadata format:

http://www.xiph.org/vorbis/doc/v-comment.html

transported in this container file format:

http://www.xiph.org/ogg/

3