ch-scene - Re: Bull City has a free EP for you

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Calloway <ifoufo AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Bull City has a free EP for you
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 15:56:16 -0700 (PDT)

--- jim.brantley AT gmail.com wrote:
> P.S. Thanks to the recent A.M.C.H. thread on the
> topic of MP3 metadata,
> I finally learned to tag those files. Thanks a lot
> for sharing that
> techno wisdom.

i would like to thank blackstrap and chamber corps for
some well tagged mp3 files. it was fun throwing
presentation slides up on the screen all week with
file names like "tgidoomsday" and "toshiro mifune"
embedded in python code. bendy's boss and corworkers
were in the class, so that was extra nice.

also thanks to some inspiration from il rossi, who
proved to me it could be done in fairly few lines of
code, the class challenge is to create an ogg vorbis
tag parser plug-in they can just drop on the music
file metadata dispatcher script they learned in class.
of course, i'm pointing them at trianglerock.com for a
source of ogg vorbis files.

3