ch-scene - Re: Syd Barrett Dead

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Jason M Sullivan <jason AT ignatz.nc.rr.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Syd Barrett Dead
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 20:55:44 GMT

On 2006-07-12, bendy <bendy AT duke.edu> wrote:
> "Money" is a song I hope never to hear again, but will probably fail.
> It's in 7/8 time, did you know that? How is it that they don't get FCC
> fined for saying "bullshit" on airwaves?

Because it's the HOME OF ROCK AND ROLL! (whooooosh) (really, you have to
make the whoosh sound when you say that.) It's the same way Perl Jam got
away with saying "Fuck" on the air. If you're popular enough, you can do
anything.

> But I don't like Radiohead either.

Now I'm going to get all emo. Please beat me up!

--
//)) Jason M. SULLIVAN jsullivan AT nc.rr.com
|c-oo http://www.jason0x21.org
//\_- "That's not music, that's just sound!" - J. David Fries