ch-scene - Sights&Sounds[7.2]July06

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: keith <wardke1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: wardke1 AT yahoo.com
  • Subject: Sights&Sounds[7.2]July06
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 12:26:36 -0700 (PDT)

Wednesday - 7/12 - Intro - Sans jest con groove. New
music in downtempo, electics, broken beat and house. Music by Keith.
9p-midnight. Helios, 413 Glenwood Ave, Midtown Raleigh

Saturday - 7/15 - Three weeks after a soft but busy quiet entry into
Glenwoodville, Mosaic Wine Lounge begins its Grand Opening week. This night
the space is set for a private gathering with flamenco and belly dancing,
art, food, henna tatoo, djs, the train and more. It has to be said again
that this place is one of the most unique grottos for lounge and leisure
around. And remember to wink at the bellydancer. Mosaic, 517 W. Jones St,
Midtown Raleigh -http://www.mosaicwinelounge.com/events.htm &
http://www.mosaicwinelounge.com/art.htm

Saturday - 7/15 - FAME: Cowboys & Indians vs. Catholic School Girls &
English School Boys – Hopefully you have enough information from the night’s
theme to know that it will be a circus on the dancefloor. House by LeMoore
and guests. 10p. Ringside, 308 W. Main St, Downtown Durham

Sunday - 7/16 - Los Amigos Invisibles - From Brooklyn via Caracas. Just
like their albums, the live show is a party. Salsa, funk, house, Brazilian
grooves, disco and genre blurring beat and harmony. Not to miss! Cat’s
Cradle, 300 E. Main St, Carrboro - www.losamigosinvisibles.com &
www.catscradle.com

Also happening:
Wed - 7/12 - Mosadi Music @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh) -
www.mosadimusic.com
Thu - 7/13 - Daliami w/Keith (Afrarab Latin funk) @ Mosaic (Raleigh) -
www.mosaicwinelounge.com
Thu - 7/13 - J.Sonel, 6-10p (downtempo/house) @ Bogarts (Raleigh)
Thu - 7/13 - Latin Night @ RedRoom (Raleigh) - www.trianglefiesta.com
Thu - 7/13 - Djs Joe Bunn & MarkT (hiphop/R&B) @ Bogarts (Raleigh)
Thu - 7/13 - RAW w/LeMoore (house) @ Sushi Blues (Raleigh) -
www.glamooreproductions.com
Thu - 7/13 - 80s Night w/Merlin @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Fri - 7/14 - Elektrosole w/Keith, 6-10 @ Redroom (Raleigh)
Fri - 7/14 - Remix Project w/dJ Triple B @ Hi5 (Raleigh) -
www.theremixproject.com
Fri - 7/14 - Talib Kweli & Urban Sophisticates @ Cats Cradle (Chapel
Hill) - www.catscradle.com
Fri - 7/14 - NC Lounge International Party @ Talullas (Chapel Hill) -
www.myspace.com/nclounge
Fri - 7/14 - Merlin (hiphop/R&B) @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Sat - 7/15 - Love Parade (Berlin, Germany) - www.loveparade.de
Sat - 7/15 - Costamundo w/Keith @ Red Room (Raleigh)
Sat - 7/15 - S.O.S & Merlin (hiphop/R&B) @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Sun - 7/16 - Neu Romance @ Kings (Raleigh)
Sun - 7/16 - Family (electronic/Dj night) @ West End Wine Bar (Chapel
Hill)
Mon - 7/17 - CoCo do Mundo w/Keith, 7-11p @ Red Room (Raleigh)
Mon - 7/17 - Monday Service Industry Night w/dJ Castro and friends @
Riviera (Raleigh) - www.rivieraresto.com
Mon - 7/17 - Soul Psychedelique @ Dive Bar (Raleigh) -
www.myspace.com/soulpsychedelique
Tue - 7/18 - ElectroBistro w/dJs M.Maerk, guests (electronic) @ Fuse
(Chapel Hill)
Tue - 7/18 - Variations in House w/Keith @, 7-11p @ Red Room (Raleigh)
Tue - 7/18 - Jazz at Bogart’s w/dJ Marco @ Bogart’s (Raleigh) -
www.solidsoundsystem.com
Tue - 7/18 - Green Room (variety show) @ Hi5 (Raleigh)
Tue - 7/18 - Tequila Tuesdays w/Allwayz @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)

Of Interest:
Audio Postcards: http://www.radiomagnetic.com/features/index.php?topic=2
Compost Radio Show: www.compost-records.com/sections/main/radio/radio.htm
Festivals: 10 Days Off (Ghent, Belgium) - www.10daysoff.be
Blue Note Records Festival (Ghent, Belgium) -
www.bluenoterecordsfestival.com
Monegros Desert Festival - (Huesca, Spain) -
www.monegrosfestival.com
Internet Radio: www.radiox.de
www.milkaudio.com
www.samurai.fm
Music: Stars - Malena Perez - www.myspace.com/malenaperez
The Healing - Strange Fruit Project -
www.strangefruitproject.com
Dutty Funk - Timmy Vegas & Barbara Tucker - www.mn2s.com
Keep On Moving - ESG - www.souljazzrecords.com
Nightlife: Dubai - www.lotus1.com
www.buddha-bar.com
www.myboudoir.com
www.trilogy.ae
Travel: www.travel.rebild.tv
www.gypsycabproject.com

“If you are patient in 1 moment of anger you will avoid 100 days of
sorrow.” -Zen proverb

Why keep checking for Mail? The all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta shows you when there
are new messages.