ch-scene - RE: More non-smoking ideas for music venues

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Rawls nospam" <rawlsnospam AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: More non-smoking ideas for music venues
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:32:31 -0400

like Wetlands I'm not quite sure what the official policy is (I mean,
the old Skylight policy used to be "thanks for not smoking too much" but
I think they went nonsmoking during the day a while ago, didn't they?).

Can somebody please clarify for/on behalf of those venues, if possible?

I have seen no evidence of Nightlight ever attempting to be
non-smoking. Granted I'm going to lean towards the "smoking should not be
allowed in any public building" direction, but I do love going to the
Nightlight. I love Grady. I love Glenn. And I love trivia...and I do
believe the coroner on my death certificate is going to have to put, "Cause
of Death: Trivia".

I just don't notice the smoke as much at a bar or musical performance,
but during trivia I guess I'm staying in one place longer. By the third
round of questions, it becomes a love of competition over um...emphysema or
whatever I'm supposed to catch. This past Tuesday's trivia at Alibi in
Raleigh the first question of the night was in regards to the Surgeon
Generals involuntary smoking report and I swear even though there were more
people than usual in attendance there was slightly less smoking....slightly
less...

Rawls