ch-scene - Two Free Shows - Plus Free BBQ

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Glenn Boothe / Local 506" <gboothe2 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Two Free Shows - Plus Free BBQ
  • Date: 4 May 2006 13:53:33 -0700

Rarely do I go out of my way to talk about individual shows, but Local
506 has two great local bills in store the next two days.

First up, it's the Bartender Olympics Battle of the Bands featuring
your favorite bartenders from your favorite bars. The judges will be
from local labels Yep Roc, Merge, Bu Hannan and Sit-n-Spin to keep
things (more) fair (than last year.) Last year's show was definitely
one of my personal hightlights of two years of owning 506. And the
stakes are so high that 506 bartender John Dzubak will shave his Mick
Ronson-esque locks if the 506 goes down in defeat.

5/4 THU 2nd Annual Bartender Olympics - Battle of the Bands featuring
your favorite bartenders w/ GENEROUS WHORES (The Cave) vs SPIDER BAGS
(Fuse) vs NEW GRANADA (Local 506) vs TOMORROW (Nightlight) vs AMISH
JIHAD (Reservoir) vs WHITE ROOK (Shorty's) vs THE BIG BIRDS (Talullas)
- No Cover Charge

Secondly, there has been some confusion about the BBQ portion of the
show on Friday. Let me set the record straight - there will be free
BBQ from the Barbecue Joint on Friday. Come Early, Stay Late! Don't
worry about drinking on an emptry stomach!

5/5 FRI WXYC Backyard Bar-B-Q Presents TRANSPORTATION / NATHAN ASHER &
THE INFANTRY / THE PHYSICS OF MEANING / EYES TO SPACE (Starts at 9pm)
No Cover Charge - Free BBQ from the Barbecue Joint!

glenn

  • Two Free Shows - Plus Free BBQ, Glenn Boothe / Local 506, 05/04/2006