ch-scene - Sunday! Free! Hi Mom! Best Movies! Bands! Outside! Early! Best-of Last Year!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "matty" <mfhedtDONTSPAMME AT mindspring.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Sunday! Free! Hi Mom! Best Movies! Bands! Outside! Early! Best-of Last Year!
  • Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 18:55:17 GMT

Hello everyone,

Here's a nice free outdoor Sunday activity for you:
Hi Mom! Film Fest is showing some winners and highlights from HM!#8 (2005),
this Sunday, May 7, 2006. We've got about an hour of really great, short,
quirky films that are favorites from last year. We'll keep it clean, so
bring the kids if you'd like. Movies follow some really good bands that will
be fun to chill out to under the setting sun.

The Deal:
What?: Short Movies and Bands
Where?: Outside - atop the parking deck behind the Franklin St. Post Office
When?: This Sunday, May 7
Lineup?:
7 pm: The Leels http://www.screwmusicforever.com/leels/ ,
http://www.myspace.com/leels "folksy rock and avant-pop" from Florida
8-ish: The Kingsbury Manx http://www.thekingsburymanx.com , beautiful
captivating indie melodies from Carrboro and vicinity
9-ish: Short films: highlights of Hi Mom! #8, clean enough for the
family, quirky enough for anyone
Cost?: Free, Free, Free
Where to sit?: Bring a beach/lawn chair or a blanket if you'd like.

Also, HM!#9 goes down June 15-17, coming up soon!

Hope to see you Sunday!

-Team Hi Mom!

  • Sunday! Free! Hi Mom! Best Movies! Bands! Outside! Early! Best-of Last Year!, matty, 05/04/2006