ch-scene - Re: Howard Dean at Satisfaction to watch Dubbya's address

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Calloway <ifoufo AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Howard Dean at Satisfaction to watch Dubbya's address
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 10:40:01 -0800 (PST)

--- James Hepler <jameshepler AT yahoo.com> wrote:
> well shit. I guess I'll just have to skip the SOTU
> as
> originally planned. I was gonna make Howwid blush,
> too.

did you sign up on the rsvp page?

if not, i would go ahead and go. just hang out on the
street. in a crowd like that, all anybody is gonna get
to do is shake his hand and at most exchange a "hi" or
"thanks." he's very personable one on one. but in a
huge crowd, he's just constantly moving and shaking
hands. he tries to shake everybody's hand in the room.
very outgoing. if there are people on the street, he's
the kinda guy who would go out and meet people who
can't get in.

> Shame Federal isn't an overflow spot.

it's not? you know for sure? it may be. satisfactions
was limiting it to 100 people. i dunno how many at
devine's. but i know way more people are coming out
than have signed up. emails have been flying around
surrounding states for a couple of weeks. it was
announced at the state party excomm meeting saturday,
and that's a few hundred. it was on npr this morning.
in the past, they've issued "tickets" to be printed
off the web from these rsvp pages and they do check
them at the door. but there's always way more who show
up than rsvp'd.

3