ch-scene - Reds, Saints and Sweaters @ the 506

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Mean Reds Orchestra" <meanredsorchestra AT earthlink.net>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Reds, Saints and Sweaters @ the 506
  • Date: 1 Nov 2005 14:00:23 -0800

On the heels of our oddly triumphant show at Kings Barcade a couple of
weeks ago, Mean Reds Orchestra returns to the scene of our July debut
to rock the Local 506 this Thursday night. We promise to do twice as
much schtick with half as much effort. We promise to spackle holes with
fuzzy guitar. And while we may not have a song about loggerheads (yet),
we just might play one about Angola.

Here is your beef, Clara Peller:

10:00 MILAGRO SAINTS (www.milagrosaints.com) - dig these purveyors of
soul-folk and vets of such bands as Tom Tom Club and The Jack Rubies.
I'll be the guy yelling "Roadside Madonna!"
11:00 MEAN REDS ORCHESTRA - you know us cuz we're writing this
12:00 SWEATER WEATHER (www.angelfire.com/band2/sweaterweather) -
fresh-faced college kids have cello, memorable melodies, will travel
straight into your heart. (And if you saw Glenn's earlier post, you
know they just won themselves an ASCAP. Way to go, Casey et al.)

Many thanks for your support,
GAVIN

reds :: www.meanredsorchestra.com
reds at myspace :: www.myspace.com/meanredsorchestra