ch-scene - The winners of the www.MySpace.com/ASCAPChapelHill contest

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Glenn Boothe / Local 506" <gboothe2 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: The winners of the www.MySpace.com/ASCAPChapelHill contest
  • Date: 1 Nov 2005 09:51:07 -0800

I know many of you entered the Myspace.com/APSCAP contest (over 700
bands, granted many were not from NC) and I'm not sure ASCAP has a way
to notify the non-winners, but I thought I'd at least announce the
winners. There were actually two, given some pre-contest confusion:
ALEX LAWHON and SWEATER WEATHER will both be added to the bill this
Friday at Local 506.

SWEATER WEATHER (1am)

JETT RINK (12am)

HONORED GUESTS (11pm)

CITIES (10pm)

ALEX LAWHON (9pm)

Alex Lawhon will be playing as a duo I believe and writes real catchy
pop-rock tunes. The last time I saw him he did a cover of The Smiths
'Unhappy Birthday' which made me, well, happy.

Unknown to these ears two months ago, Sweater Weather are now scheduled
for what must be a record sixth show this Fall at Local 506, including
the night before with Mean Reds Orchestra and Milagro Saints. Their
opening sets for both Swords and Matt Pond PA left both those bands in
awe. The common denominator for all these acts is strings and SW
augment their indie pop with cello.

There are links to both acts sites/music at local506.com...glenn

  • The winners of the www.MySpace.com/ASCAPChapelHill contest, Glenn Boothe / Local 506, 11/01/2005