ch-scene - RE: Ghost Songs TNF

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Bo Williams" <bowilliams AT gmail.com>
  • To: "'RTP-area local music and culture'" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: Ghost Songs TNF
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 16:19:25 -0400

MIX 89 - THE X!

-----Original Message-----
From: ch-scene-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:ch-scene-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Rawls
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2005 3:49 PM
To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

> > From: "Jean-Luc Diabolique"

> Wanna hear something really scary...
> in the late 80's WXDU went "Top 40" for April Fool's Day, complete
> with cheesy ads and promos between songs.

WKNC did that also on April Fool's Day around '87.
It was hilarious- not as great as Bo Williams and Pat Anders' WXYC Thursday
Night Feature "THE X" where they turned xyc into a mainstream/"alternative"
station for three hours on some random Thursday night having nothing to do
with April Fool's Day or any holiday (even some xyc dj's were annoyed by
it)-but hilarious at the time...KNC was so much better back in the
'80's...well they had more of an identity I guess with "Nightwave" at night,
hard rock in the day-though it took them a while to discover hip hop, I will
say that KNC has been better the past two years than it was most of the
'90's.

As for XDU, what happened to your signal strength east of Durham?

Rawls