ch-scene - Re: Ghost Songs TNF

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Rawls <jcmidrange AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Ghost Songs TNF
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 12:49:13 -0700 (PDT)

> > From: "Jean-Luc Diabolique"

> Wanna hear something really scary...
> in the late 80's WXDU went "Top 40" for April Fool's
> Day, complete with
> cheesy ads and promos between songs.

WKNC did that also on April Fool's Day around '87.
It was hilarious- not as great as Bo Williams and Pat
Anders' WXYC Thursday Night Feature "THE X" where they
turned xyc into a mainstream/"alternative" station for
three hours on some random Thursday night having
nothing to do with April Fool's Day or any holiday
(even some xyc dj's were annoyed by it)-but hilarious
at the time...KNC was so much better back in the
'80's...well they had more of an identity I guess with
"Nightwave" at night, hard rock in the day-though it
took them a while to discover hip hop, I will say that
KNC has been better the past two years than it was
most of the '90's.

As for XDU, what happened to your signal strength
east of Durham?

Rawls

http://mail.yahoo.com