ch-scene - Re: Stuff to Do, Week of September 2, 2005

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: rick sawyer <rickbang AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Stuff to Do, Week of September 2, 2005
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 10:59:06 -0400

Saturday, September 10
A Rooster for the Masses
[http://www.myspace.com/aroosterforthemasses], Fatal Flying
Guilloteens [http://www.fatalflyingguilloteens.com/], The Bleeding
Hearts [http://www.thebleedinghearts.net/home.html], Awesome New
Republic, Esquimaux
Kings, Raleigh

This is night three of Hatchetfest. I'm quite fond of the one Rooster
for the Masses song I've heard, but I haven't seen them, and for all I
know the song I heard is actually some long-lost track from that
early-80s UK scene where all the punk bands were getting heavy into
reggae.

i have to give a shout-out to fellow houstonians, fatal flying
guilloteens. they play snotty spazzcore that owes an equal debt to
braniac and the jesus lizard. they are so snotty, in fact, that in
1998 i had to fire mike guilloteen from a college radio station.
plus, they wear matching outfits and jump around a lot.

if i were you, i would dig them.

r.