ch-scene - Thailand's #1 Rock Band, Tuesday night @ Nightlight

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ryan AT dyss.net
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>, ryan AT dyss.net
  • Cc: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Thailand's #1 Rock Band, Tuesday night @ Nightlight
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 04:40:26 -0500

HFS, that Davenport/Skaters/Quisp/JeffJ show was glorious, let's make it 2
for 2
----
Tuesday 5/6/05:::

DYNAMITE CLUB < Thailand's ..1 rock band, a bare-assed guitar/drums jazz rock
configuration with live rasslin, sumo & otherwise - a brutal and irredeemably
fun live act, exploring Western Asian fetish like no other ... I think the
drummer clothes-lined me last time they played ... You will remember them ....

IN THE YEAR OF THE PIG < Chapel Hill's own broken-legged, animal-themed
emo/hate-rock band.

CREEPING NOBODIES < "post-punk" from Canada!

10PM/$4 @ NIGHTLIGHT < 405 1/2 W.Rosemary St Chapel Hill, NC 27516
Website updated soon! (http://nightlight.dyss.net)

Description from the Independent::

"Southeast Asia by way of Brooklyn, the D Club packs a whirlwind of sounds,
screeching and silliness into a two-player package. Dramatic acts of audacity
(kung fu fighting and wrestling) offset their punchy guitar and drum bursts.
In
the Year of the Pig--a Chapel Hill duo, of Bear and Fox--dig deep into the
mire, doing the bass-throb hunch and scowling all the while. And, dig it, they
channel morbidity through cuddly animal imagery. $5/10 p.m. --CT"