ch-scene - Re: Thank You everyone!!!!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Brendan Love <brendan.love AT mac.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Thank You everyone!!!!
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 20:17:08 -0400

Mr. Helpler,

James and Michelle Lee have consistently been among the most generous and genuinely inspired people I have ever known. I don't think any of us could name one other place on the east coast where someone has gone to the trouble of converting a dump of a warehouse into a club where you can have an all-day show with Indian take-out, and where you can eat a Loco-pop, see giant artwork AND buy an Agnostic Front t-shirt. And where you can also bring your mom and your dog and your kids. There is a place like that and it's in Durham and I'm surprised to hear that your main observation after this weekend is a concern over how much it will cost you. Why don't you take a friend from NY or Tokyo to Michelle's store and see what they say about the prices. I am certain that if you were to go back next weekend and do something, like, pick out a pretty dress to surprise your girlfriend, you would find that Michelle would be excited to help you find the perfect one and if you had a question about the price, she would explain the price to you. If you went ahead and bought something, you might also notice that there was a fun extra in the bag and a ribbon for your girlfriend and hey... it's also a cool bag that her three kids drew on that you can re-use.

It's funny that you worry about the shows at 305 South being overpriced. Was $10 too much for you on Saturday? How many of those beers did you drink?

Brendan