ch-scene - share rehersal space

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: bendy <bendy AT duke.edu>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: share rehersal space
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:40:09 -0400

Our band Blackstrap, (http://blackstrap.org) has a practice space in North Durham that we've been using for almost three years. Right now, we don't have anyone to split it with. At $155/month, it works out cheap if there is at least one more band to split the costs with.

It's an end unit at the Ample Storage facility on Old Oxford Road.

Cons:
- Not climate controlled. Space heaters in winter, fans in summer
- a hike if you aren't in the northern part of the Triangle. But we've had members hike from Chapel Hill and Raleigh, no problem.

The pros are:
- cheap per-person cost when you've got two bands using the space.
- Very good sound for a storage unit- one wall is plaster, the other two are concrete block. The only corugated metal is the garage door.
- A large space, something like 12x25 feet.
- We've got a decent PA
- We rarely use it more than two nights a week.

But if you've got something better, and need someone to split it with, we'd be interested in that too.

Reply to practice AT blackstrap.org

Bendy