ch-scene - Re: share rehersal space

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: bendy <bendonnlly AT rushpost.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: share rehersal space
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:09:05 -0400

On Jul 22, 2005, at 1:53 PM, Jason M. Sullivan wrote:

In article <683A2F66-4F63-40DC-8744-982CBC6A7955 AT rushpost.com>, bendy wrote:

On Jul 21, 2005, at 9:57 PM, kevin maxwell farmer wrote:

-the occasional blackstrap salsa mash-up

They're getting better! For the first two years, the Latin band
sounded like an endless jam of *The Tide is High*

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Enough repetition, and anyone can be driven crazy. Many years ago, I was stuck in a dorm room trying to take a much needed mid-day nap, while down the hall an amateur DJ attempted to make a *remix* of The Time's *The Bird* by bouncing segments of the song back and forth between boomboxes. Loud, so as to capture all detail. It went on for several hours. He destroyed Morris Day for me that afternoon. And this was the summer I really got into Flipper.

Kids these days, with their mash-them-ups and p-Pods, don't know how hard it was.

Hmm. Flipper vs. The Time