ch-scene - Shape Shifters in Carrboro June 23

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: naught AT nil.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Shape Shifters in Carrboro June 23
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:15:39 +0000 (UTC)

Apologies for the 3 ng spammage, but the boys have to eat (or at
least pay for their gas).

Just a quick note to let you know we'll be appearing at Temple Ball in
Carrboro this Thursday night, June 23, at 9pm. Tickets are $5.

Sadly, this will likely mark the last of our appearances at Temple
Ball--it appears that Rick's rent has been raised and he will not be
renewing his lease. We want to thank Rick and his wonderful crew for
their kind hospitality over the last two years. We've really had a
great time playing there and wish them luck in all their future
endeavors. The more Kimock-inclined among you may recognize that this
is the sweet little venue where Steve and I have played whenever he
visits North Carolina. We'll both surely miss it.

We hope you can find the time to come on out and say goodbye to a great
venue. Temple Ball is located at 307 E Main St. in Carrboro, directly
across the street from the ArtsCenter and Cat's Cradle. Please see
http://templeball.com for more information.

Meantime, you can hear recordings of our May shows on the archive at:
http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=shifters&sort=-%2Fmetadata%2Fdate.

Thanks,

Mike Babyak
http://shapeshiftersband.com

PS Might as well fully emprace the spam spirit and remind everyone that
our live album is for sale at:

http://www.emusic.com/album/10843/10843654.html.

If you take advantage of the free membership, you can download the
tracks for free.

  • Shape Shifters in Carrboro June 23, naught, 06/20/2005