ch-scene - Re: OT: Looking for Kudzu

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: John I <not AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: OT: Looking for Kudzu
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 19:18:50 GMT

Philip Hammond wrote:

> I have a friend who's visiting the Triangle to do research on kudzu, and
> he's looking for suggestions on where to find large patches of it. This
> afternoon we found a couple of small patches (on Dairyland Road and
> Damascus Church Road), but he was hoping to find really large areas of
> growth. Does anybody out there have any suggestions?
> Thanks,
> Phil

I think that if you just drive around you are bound to run into large
concentrations of it. It seems like the areas to the north of Wake county
have tremendous patches of it.

I would recommend that you take him on a tour of the Centennial Campus in
Raleigh. Take 440 and get off on the Lake Wheeler exit then turn left at the
NC Farmers Market. After you stop in for lunch at the NC Farmers Market
Seafood Restaurant, leave the market and turn right. You will see
approximately 100 acres of hilly land completely covered with it.