ch-scene - Re: Politics R Us

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Calloway <ifoufo AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Politics R Us
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 07:12:37 -0800 (PST)

--- Margaret Campbell <margaretc AT gmail.com> wrote:
> Mmm. Are you suggesting I should take this on?

no. i'm suggesting if you have criticisms, you direct
them with specifics at the blog.

I wouldn't suggest taking this on because a) I think a
state party blog is a brain dead idea for reasons
previously stated, b) the last thing the state party
needs is more hired help mediating communications,
particularly by technology workers, c) such positions,
when needed, should be a result of a democratic
process, not hushpuppies thrown to squeaky wheels, and
d) the last thing the democratic grassroots needs is
the promotion of the idea that their energy should be
directed at a remote suggestion box where there are
mythical minions waiting to execute their will without
democratic procress. the state party is a
representative body only charged with creating rules
for the selection of electoral representation. the
power, for good or bad, is all in the precincts, by
design of that very representative body.

3