ch-scene - Re: Politics R Us

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Bo Williams <bowilliams AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Politics R Us
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 11:00:42 -0500

Quit being such a nitpicker, Rossi. Should Margaret have said she's
been running "Internet communities" for seventeen years, then*? AOL,
CompuServe, BBS, UseNate... most of the communities that started there
transitioned to the web and maintained continuity, so it's easy to see
how someone would call that contiguous chunk of time "running a
website".

Bo

* from the best of my memory of a conversation we had a long, long
time ago, this is what Margaret is talking about