ch-scene - Re: THANKS ! Need help putting band name on drum head

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Fikri Yucel <fikri_y AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: THANKS ! Need help putting band name on drum head
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:29:58 -0800 (PST)

> Is there such a thing as a bass drum that's a
> snare? Still a bass drum with a kick pedal, but
> also has a snare mechanism?
> Seams pointless, but does such a drum exist?
> Just curious.
>
> -Mike Walters
> www.mysterycircuits.com

When I saw Deerhoof, their drummer had a tambourine
bungied to the bass drum head (on the side opposite
from the kick pedal), so each time he hit the kick
drum, the tambourine would shake and strike against
the drum head much like a snare (albeit with a sound
very different from a snare drum sound).

-Fikri