ch-scene - Re: Banjo Hunting

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: country marxist <countrymarxist AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Banjo Hunting
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:35:57 -0600

Drive south towards Atlanta. When the interstate crosses the Georgia
border look for Krazy Al's music. Half price on anything and
everything. Acouple years ago I bought a dobro and a baby guitar and
my wife bought a nice Fender acoustic bass. There was a really nice
12-string acoustic guitar for a couple hundred bucks. They had at
least 30 banjos. It's like a discount country music instrument
paradise.

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 17:21:09 -0500, Steven Keith <skeith AT capstrat.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know where to buy a nice banjo in the triangle. My "Skruggy"
> wife has outgrown two novice models in the ~$300 range and is now
> interested in finding someone that is wanting to part with a nice model
> a notch above that but maybe a notch below the $1400 deal at Harry's in
> Raleigh.
>
> The notion of buying it from Ebay without rubbing it first made her
> shudder.

  • Banjo Hunting, Steven Keith, 03/04/2005
    • Re: Banjo Hunting, country marxist, 03/16/2005