ch-scene - Re: articles on local scene

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Fred Stutzman <fred AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: articles on local scene
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:49:07 -0500 (EST)

Nothing tops Butch Lazorchak's academic dissection of the Chapel Hill scene, in my opinion.

http://www.ibiblio.org/squealer/butchhome/Ch_Scene/ch_scene_communication.htm

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, wordnerd AT gmail.com wrote:

hey, random question. i work in the music library at unc and a couple
of us are trying to get some articles together dealing with the local
scene. i know of a lot of recent stuff--reviews, stuff on merge@15,
etc--but we want to collect stuff from the last decade, which i'm not
as familiar with.

if you can think of any articles from any publication/website dealing
w/ the chapel hill scene, i would really appreciate it if you could
email the reference to me. i did search the archives here but of course
the herald-sun's archives don't really work, and of course the archives
here don't go all the way back to 94-95ish.

anyway, my email is wordnerd at gmail dot com, if anyone has any info
for us.

thanks!

Fred Stutzman
Desk: 962-5646