ch-scene - Re: cradle & arts center move

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Calloway <ifoufo AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: cradle & arts center move
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:20:38 -0800 (PST)

--- grady <grady AT ibiblio.org> wrote:
> I hope they read the "First Person" thing in
> last week's Indy by
> the lady who moved into Downtown Durham expecting it
> to be silent as a
> fucking tomb, all about how upset she is that
> there's a club in Downtown
> Durham that makes noise after dark.

The Indy seems to egg these idiots on. Afterall, it's
profitable for them. One such previous complainer was
an Indy columnist. She was eventually bought off by a
downtown club to quit filing complaints. Turned out
she didn't want quiet. She just wanted money.

Booshie numbnuts.

Dog, what would they do if there were any industry
left downtown? There used to be factories cranking 24
hours a day down there.

Can we get that Triangle rail thingy to run until
after the bars close so we can shake their floors all
night?

3