ch-scene - Re: Nouvelle Vague Films (was: Re: I think this guy...)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: bendy <bendy AT duke.edu>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Nouvelle Vague Films (was: Re: I think this guy...)
  • Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 16:27:35 -0500

grady wrote:

& stranger still, apparently last year the Cramps' infamous Napa State Mental Hospital show was released on DVD & I had no idea:

Since the Cramps performance is only 30 minutes long, there is like an hour of weird old Target Video clips and trailers tacked on to the end of the DVD, stuff like Crime playing at a California prison (the prisoners look bored, Crime looks nervous) and Z'ev banging pots and pans monotonously for a crowd of hipsters that look like extras from The Warriors, and Survival Research Labs with their flamethrower robot battles.

That Cramps performance really holds up too- it's before they were in total cartoon mode- Lux looks like he could be a member of Television- and Brian Gregory just rocks. Lux is obviously digging it as much as the crowd, not intimidated in the slightest.