ch-scene - tuners

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <jameshepler AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Alt.Music Chapel-Hill" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: tuners
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 07:44:13 -0800 (PST)

I hate to reveal my ignorance, but I'm looking for a
very specific kind of tuner, and I can't remember what
they're called. It's the kind of tuner you might find
in a high school band room. Big, square, with a disc
that spins. In my head it's similar to the way you
check if a record is turning at the correct speed.
When you're in tune, you see a solid line, etc etc.

Tuning an autoharp is hard work.

Thanks.

Hep