ch-scene - Re: [Fwd: Battle of Algiers - FREE]

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Mark Richardson <lobsterman AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Fwd: Battle of Algiers - FREE]
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 17:27:03 GMT

John Iwaniszek wrote:

> I have heard that this movie is used by the Pentagon to train for
> dealing with insurgencies. I doubt Our Leader has seen it.

Of course he hasn't- "Battle Of Algiers" is completely irrelevant to
Iraq. I mean come on, it's in black and white. Wars these days are in color.

Anyone know if this is playing anywhere nearby soon? It took my wife 4.5
hours to get from Chapel Hill to Raleigh last night, I don't fancy
making a re-enactment of my own tonight.