ch-scene - Re: local releases 2004

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: local releases 2004
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:43:47 -0500

Also MIA:

Blackstrap (supposedly gonna show up any day now & will be on the 2005 list, I reckon)
Wigg Report (in my hot little hands, but missed the deadline to get playlisted in 2004, since we kinda shut down in the last half of December)
Nathan Asher & the Infantry (I've read about it in the Indy, but that's all I know)
My Dear Ella (they sent us a copy ages & ages ago, while they were still shopping for a label, & at the time we had agreed that Eric would let us know when it was actually 'released', & we'd playlist it then, but I never heard back. Is it too late?)
Choose Yr Own Adventure's 2nd CD of the two-parter showed up in my personal PO Box the other day, so hopefully it'll hit XDU sometime soon.

Indy also claims we're due for a Fake Swedish album any day now, which is good news for me, at least; they're my fave 60s Stones/Faces-influenced local rockband.

Bands: that address again is WXDU, PO Box 90689, Durham, NC 27708. Please do yrself a favor & don't rely on 'the label' or 'the press guy' to send us your CD; they are slackasses, slacker even than you.

xo

Ross

local506 AT earthlink.net wrote:

Hmm. No Hotel Lights - which I attest did not suck. In fact, it's my
favorite record of the year, including non-locals...glenn