ch-scene - Re: local releases 2004

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: local releases 2004
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:05:14 -0500

Either they didn't send it, or it wasn't marked as local music & thus the regular music staff previewed it & wrote it off as one more low-fi indie-pop album. I dunno, though, because it sounds enough like the Schooner & Summer Set records, and those did pretty well on XDU, so I'd think the music staff would've caught it.

So maybe they didn't send it. We're not so hard up for music that we go 'round begging bands for their records. Well, sometimes we do, but this wasn't one of those times, I guess.

Never too late, however. Tell yr boys to send us a copy.

Ross

local506 AT earthlink.net wrote:
Missing any one of those four is often enough to doom your CD to a

tragically unlistened-to fate.

Hmm. No Hotel Lights - which I attest did not suck. In fact, it's my
favorite record of the year, including non-locals...glenn