ch-scene - Food thread

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Duncan Murrell <duncan AT rattlejar.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Food thread
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 23:13:59 -0500

Since the list seems to have an annual food thread, I thought I'd begin it with this tip, authored by a Siler City regular:

Mexican food... If someone is wanting some really good
and authentic Mexican food and a very, very! casual atmosphere, the Tienda
Loma Bonita on Martin Luther King in Siler City has a restaurant in the back
of the grocery store and it's the best I've found anywhere. Of course very
authentic, and very delicious. The people who run the store are always
friendly, and they are open every day and evening. Their sauces are
especialy tasty -- ask for both the green and the red so you can sample
both. They make to-go orders, too. And have weekly specials. There's no
formal menu, it's all written on the board, but most of the staff is
bilingual, if you don't know what is what. You'll have to walk through the
produce section and the butcher shop to get to the restaurant, but it's
worth the hunt. There is also a caterer in Siler City now who prepares
authentic Mexican cooking, but I don't know who it is.