ch-scene - Re: a cool way for independents to distribute iTunes-like

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Mary Anne Barckhoff <barckhoff AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: a cool way for independents to distribute iTunes-like
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 08:01:54 -0800 (PST)

Very cool! Thanks for sharing this -- this looks like a great resource!
Your site looks great, by the way.

For those who are less web-savvy, if you distribute CD's through CDBaby.com,
it is also possible to have CDBaby make your songs available thru twenty-some
digital distribution sites, including iTunes, Rhapsody, Music Match and
Napster. But, maybe everyone knew that already...

mab

Kevin Van Sant <kvansant AT pobox.com> wrote:
After looking around for a way to enable downloadable music sales from
my website I came across this great Php program which can be installed
into a website to facilitate Mp3 Instant Download purchasing.

Viva la Venus website: http://www.vivalavenus.com
Little Miss Messy website: http://www.littlemissmessy.net

The difference between excitement and fear is a matter of choice.
>From elizabeth AT hamneggs.net Wed Dec 1 11:06:04 2004
It might be time to think about distributing our CD through CDBaby.com.
Read below:
...if you distribute CD's through CDBaby.com, it is also possible to
have CDBaby make your songs available thru twenty-some digital
distribution sites, including iTunes, Rhapsody, Music Match and
Napster.

Plus, there's a way to enable paid downloads of our mp3's from our
site, just like Itunes. It'll take a little work, but might be good for
us.