ch-scene - Re: Christian Rock — A Cautionary Comic Strip

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: bendy <bendy AT duke.edu>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Christian Rock — A Cautionary Comic Strip
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 09:10:41 -0500

Dude who's gets saved looks like Pekar.

While we're talking about two year old movies, I think American Splendor is one of the best films of the decade so far. I saw it about six months ago, and still find myself thinking about it. I went through a heavy Pekar phase around the time of the Letterman appearances, and hadn't followed his story in the 90s. That movie moved me, what with the retirement party at the end. I wish every movie could be half documentary.

My other favorite oughts film so far is Ghost World. I really should read comix more often.

Haven't caught up with Spiderman, though.
Bendy Hernandez

Danny Hooley wrote:
Fanatical hard-right Christians agree: Christian rock
sucks!

See link:

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0034/0034_01.asp