ch-scene - Recount in Ohio

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <jameshepler AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Recount in Ohio
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 06:46:52 -0800 (PST)

I'm sure there is a wide range of opinions regarding
the third (and fourth?) parties attempts to raise
money for an Ohio recount. It costs $10 per precinct,
and they're halfway to reaching their goal.

A computer glitch already took 3800 of Bush's "votes"
away in Ohio, and with a recount, the 93,000 ballots
that got rejected will be counted. With however many
provisional ballots that still have yet to be counted,
well, who knows.

It's not that I want Kerry to turn around and win the
election, although that would be quite nice. It's
that I want to feel like the people who run this shit
are willing to make a concerted effort to see that an
accurate count is made.

If you want to donate to the Ohio recount cause,

http://web.greens.org/c/cobb/supporters.cgi?function=donate

http://badnarik.org/

Hep