ch-scene - Re: Recount in Ohio

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Tim Harper" <tharper AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Recount in Ohio
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 19:36:22 GMT

"James Hepler" <jameshepler AT yahoo.com> wrote in message
20041113144652.75431.qmail AT web40610.mail.yahoo.com">news:20041113144652.75431.qmail AT web40610.mail.yahoo.com...
> I'm sure there is a wide range of opinions regarding
> the third (and fourth?) parties attempts to raise
> money for an Ohio recount. It costs $10 per precinct,
> and they're halfway to reaching their goal.
>
> A computer glitch already took 3800 of Bush's "votes"
> away in Ohio, and with a recount, the 93,000 ballots
> that got rejected will be counted. With however many
> provisional ballots that still have yet to be counted,
> well, who knows.
>
> It's not that I want Kerry to turn around and win the
> election, although that would be quite nice. It's
> that I want to feel like the people who run this shit
> are willing to make a concerted effort to see that an
> accurate count is made.
>
> If you want to donate to the Ohio recount cause,
>
> http://web.greens.org/c/cobb/supporters.cgi?function=donate
>
> http://badnarik.org/
>
> Hep

http://www.alternet.org/election04/20494/

Received this from friend today.

Major bugs found in Diebold vote systems ( United Press Interntional )
http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20041112-112037-7263r.htm

Yes, an accurate vote count would be a good thing.
Tim

  • Recount in Ohio, James Hepler, 11/13/2004
    • Re: Recount in Ohio, Tim Harper, 11/13/2004