ch-scene - Re: WXDU benefit show Nov 20th

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: bcrews AT gmail.com (Brian Crews)
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: WXDU benefit show Nov 20th
  • Date: 12 Nov 2004 08:15:53 -0800

Hello, I just wanted to chime in a bit about the DUke Coffee House and
WXDU. I'm new to Durham and Duke and have the sweet job of being the
new staff advisor to both the Coffee House and WXDU. With the changes
to the Coffee House that we are making, I hope that the place will
re-capture the glory days that I've heard so much about. We have a
pretty good base of students working pretty hard at making the place
better, and with it now following under the Duke Union, consistancy
from year to year will be better. Also, WXDU wants to and will play a
major role in booking shows at the Coffee House. Many XDUers have
already expressed interest. I'll try to keep up with this list to
hopefully address any constructive criticism you have. The Coffee
House should be completely open for regular business in January, but I
hope you all come out for the WXDU Benefit Show on the 20th. See you
there.

Brian.