ch-scene - commiseration

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "5er (martin)" <mdhall005 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: CH-SCENE <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: commiseration
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 15:14:41 -0800 (PST)

(shameless plug imbedded)

I've been in an awful funk all day. Couldn't sleep
last night. It's like my worst fears about my country
and my fellow citizens have been confirmed.
And this comes from someone who was pessimistic in the
first place.

Anyway, I need a drink. And I need to be inspired.
And I need to commiserate.

I know it may sound crass, considering who I work for,
but I think I'm gonna go to the Cradle tonight and let
Mr Eitzel croon to me about this fucked up world,
while I drink beer, after beer, after beer, and then
walk home.

I can't think of anyone I would rather see tonight
than AMC. It's just approporate somehow.

Maybe I'll see some of you there. Maybe not.

I'm just saying.

-5er

=====
"A boy wants a car from his dad.
Dad says, first you got to cut that hair.
Boys says, hey dad Jesus had long hair.
Dad says, That's right son, and Jesus walked everywhere."
- David Berman/The Silver Jews