ch-scene - Re: Stuff to do, week of October 22, 2004

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Walt Davis" <walter_davis AT unc.edu>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Stuff to do, week of October 22, 2004
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 17:40:35 -0400

I subscribed to the newsgroup through IE (not my choice) and posted through
IE, so I'm kinda hoping IE knows what account I'm subscribed from. If not,
I fear my powers to talk sense into IE are likely limited.

"grady" <grady AT ibiblio.org> wrote in message
417D05C8.8080209 AT ibiblio.org">news:417D05C8.8080209 AT ibiblio.org...
> Please, folks, post from the account that you're actually subscribed
> from, else your posts will be delayed for long enough that people will
> perhaps miss what you're posting about.
>
> Also: people in bands and/or 21st-Century performing arts ensembles are
> encouraged to post about their own shows. I am not all-seeing nor
> all-powerful, and I rarely pay attention to Ringside as there are rarely
> shows there.
>
> Ross
>
> p.s. emailing me directly, while nice, doesn't always work. I get a lot
> of email, and unless your email about your event arrives during the
> actual 2-3 hours/week that I put into making these schedules, I'm going
> to lose it/forget about it by the time I'm actually putting the thing
> together. Not because I want to; because I'm fucking scatterbrained.
>
> Post to the list; that's [one of the things that | what] it's there for.
> If you have weird hangups about promoting your own shows to the list,
> then you need to ask yourself why you somehow feel OK emailing me &
> letting me do it for you ;-)
>

> Walt Davis wrote:
>
> > Ross seems to have missed tonight's (Friday, 10/22) show at Ringside
with
> > Cold Sides and Pulsoptional. You will have your rock. You will have
your
> > Henry Cowell (this is the first of Pulsoptional's Henry Cowell tour).
You
> > will have a soundtrack to some silent films pieced together by Carrie
Shull
> > from Skip Elsheimer's library. The official start time is 9. Cold
Sides is